I solved the bee drowning problem by not putting nectar in the oriole feeders. They don’t really seem to care for it as much as the grape jelly anyway.
Then I wash and change the jelly feeders every morning. I put an orange slice above the hole where you would normally put nectar, and then I put jelly on top of that too.
I get flocks of orioles that way, especially during migration, but even into the heat of the summer. And no bees suffering. Though they do certainly eat the jelly!
I wash the feeders in the morning because of the ant problem. They get stuck in the jelly, and that’s neither attractive in photos nor good for the poor ants.